Help underwrite the program.
Important things about the District 6450 RYLA program and
why your club should participate
- The 2020 dateswill be announced soon.
- (Friday-Monday, Oct. is Columbus Day & a school holiday for many)
- The venue is the Holiday Home Camp in Williams Bay, WI
- Cost to the Rotary Clubs per registration is $335, payment must accompany registration.
- Registration deadline is October 1.
- There will be space for 100 students (so get your applications in early)
- Participants will be bused to and from the camp at designated meeting points
- Rotarians will serve as chaperons and facilitators
- We have an enthusiastic and committed committee who will make this an extremely worthwhile weekend for your participants
- Volunteer to help at the Reality Store Saturday night - see below
- Any Rotary club not involved in this program is doing a disservice to their schools and community
- Your RYLArians are the FUTURE OF ROTARY!
Club timeline for the RYLA program
May - July
Commit to funding and assign a RYLA chair
Contact school administrators to let them know you would like to sponsor their students for the program
Identify candidates and get them the application
End of September
Finish the paperwork and send it to the Registrar along with payment; payment must accompany registration.
Other things you should know
Sponsorship opportunities are available (see sponsorship form)
We welcome adult volunteers as weekend chaperones and Reality Store participants
A limited number of scholarships may be available for students
To schedule a RYLA presentation at your club meeting contact:
Linda Yates, 708-404-3068 email@example.com
VOLUNTEER FOR THE REALITY STORE
We need 40+ Rotarians to help us with the Reality Store on Saturday night. You will be assigned a station and will help the students budget and pay for the services/products your station is responsible for (housing, transportation, insurance, groceries, utilities, etc.). The Reality Store starts at 7pm and is over by 9pm. We invite all volunteers to join us for dinner and come up even earlier in the day to observe some of the rest of the RYLA activities. The Holiday Home Camp is on the northwest corner of Lake Geneva and is not so far away that you can't make it a day trip. For more information and to volunteer, please contact Linda Yates - firstname.lastname@example.org, 708-404-3068.
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson