Club Administration Committee Manual Guide to establishing goals and increasing club effectiveness
Club membership committee
Club public relations committee
- Club Public Relations Committee Manual Guide to establishing and meeting club goals of publicizing Rotary’s positive image worldwide
- Effective Public Relations: A Guide for Rotary Clubs Tools and tips for promoting club activities to attract positive attention from the community and potential members.
- Public service announcements RI print, radio, and television PSAs that clubs can use to promote Rotary in their communities
- “Member Tips: Growing Rotary Membership”
- Humanity in Motion - All of Rotary’s pre-produced public service announcements (PSAs) can be downloaded from the Web site: www.rotary.org/humanityinmotion.
Rotarians are encouraged to seek gratis and discounted rates to
broadcast the PSAs in their communities. Rotarians can easily localize
these materials to make them more appropriate for their community. They
can also be ordered through RI’s on-line shop here
- Effective Public Relations Web site Read more about public relations by visiting the Effective Public Relations
section of RI’s Web site. Here you will find information on public
relations writing, working with the media and additional resources that
Rotarians can use to promote Rotary in their communities.
- Rotary PR Tips Every Rotarian responsible for club or district public relations is encouraged to Sign up to receive Rotary PR Tips,
a biweekly newsletter that offers innovative ideas and examples related
to sharing the Rotary story. You can also register for the newsletter
by sending an e-mail email@example.com.
- Fact Sheets
Rotary’s Fact sheets provide information about Rotary’s efforts on
polio, water, peace, literacy, education and health. Download all fact
- Sample PR Presentation This presentation
(located in related documents) can be used if you have an opportunity
to lead a PR discussion or give a presentation at a PETS, GETS,
Institute or any other large Rotary meeting. Please feel free to use the
full presentation or select slides and customize as appropriate.
- Effective Public Relations: A guide for Rotary Clubs
This resource is great for Rotarians new to PR. It provides background
information on the practice of PR, writing tips, working with the media
tips, case studies and a section focusing on social media. This item can
be ordered through RI’s on-line shop here. Media Crisis Guide This
resource helps Rotary clubs and districts work effectively and
efficiently with the news media when unexpected events prompt inquiries
from the press. The Media Crisis Guide can be ordered through RI’s
on-line shop here
- What’s Rotary? Wallet cards The
convenient wallet-size card answers frequently asked questions about
the organization and scope of Rotary. A great handout to non-Rotarians,
cards can be ordered through Rotary’s on-line shop here
- This is Rotary brochure
A colorful illustrated brochure provides a brief overview of Rotary for
prospective Rotarians and the general public. These can be given to
guests at your club meeting or to non-Rotarians. Order through Rotary’s
on-line shop here
- Start with Rotary Postcard and wallet card Both postcard and wallet card feature an invitation to attend a Rotary club meeting. Send or distribute them to prospective members.
- End polio now promotional materials Spread the word that Rotary is committed to ending polio worldwide. In addition to Rotary’s new mini site, there are three new promotional materials including a brochure, a DVD, and a poster to help promote Rotary’s End polio now campaign. Order the materials here.
- Gates Challenge Grant resources
Promote the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s challenge grant with
two new resources. Both the sample news release and sample letter to the
editor can be localized by inserting information about your club’s or
district’s local polio eradication efforts. Rotarians are encouraged to
utilize these tools to promote Rotary’s commitment to eradicating polio
worldwide. The resources are available in all Rotary languages and can
be downloaded here.
- Rotary Centers Poster The color poster promoting The Rotary Foundation’s Rotary World Peace Fellowships can be orderedhere
- PR Grants
Rotary’s PR Grants enable districts to apply for grants up to US$10,000
to assist with the placement of paid advertisements to promote Rotary
throughout their district. Application, frequently asked questions and
key dates can be found here.
- Public Image Resource Group The Public Image Resource Group (PIRG),
appointed by the RI president each year, is a team of Rotarians that
provides information and support to Rotary clubs and districts to help
promote projects, share success stories, and explain what Rotary is and
does through the media. Contact your Public Image Resource Group
coordinator to learn how your club or district can get involved.
- RSS Feed If you have not done so already, RI encourages all clubs to Subscribe to RSS
feed through the RI web site. This enables RI to send you updated news
stories to include on your Web site, blog or newsletter. This will give
you ideas how to best promote the current news of RI that ties in with
your current club projects.
- Rotary Emblem
Add Rotary’s emblem to your promotional materials including brochures,
banners, posters, etc. Download Rotary’s emblem directly from the Web
Club service projects committee
Club Rotary Foundation committee