MAKING A DIFFERENCE TOGETHER
GLOBAL GRANTS FAIR
To celebrate Foundation Month, the District Grants Committee is hosting a Global Grants Fair on November 29 from 6:00-8:30 PM at the Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge. It will be an opportunity for Rotarians to learn what’s going on with humanitarian Global Grants in the District and how they are Making a Difference in people’s lives all around the world. It will also be an opportunity to exchange ideas and learn how to get involved, or to recruit participants to your Club's Global Grant.
We invite global grant teams, clubs interested in funding global grants and ANYONE who wants to Make a Difference Together to participate.
Global Grants Showcase from 6:00-7:00 PM.
- Clubs are invited to showcase current and past global grants, as well as grants that are under development
- Tables will be available for displaying the grant work. (Set up time is 5:00 PM.)
- Global Grants Help Desk will be available to answer questions and provide grant development resource documents
Making a Difference Together Program from 7:00-8:30 PM.
- Welcome and inspiration from Rotary District Foundation Chair, Chuck Corrigan
- Messages and videos from grant recipients about how District 6450 Rotary global grants have changed their lives
- Shark Tank for teams developing global grants. 5-minute opportunity to pitch their grant to potential funders and collaborators. Constructive feedback will also be provided
- Call to Action
There is no cost to participate. Refreshments will be provided.
Rotarians and their guests from District 6450 and from other Districts are welcome to attend.
Registration is recommended so we have enough space and food for our guests.
Please contact us at Grants@Rotary6450.net with any questions.
There are three ways to present your Club's Global Grants at the Grants Fair:
A table top display.
A short video of the grant's impact on its beneficiaries. (2-3 minutes)
A short live pitch for grant funding support. (3-5 minutes)
IF YOU WISH TO PRESENT YOUR PROJECT AT THE FAIR IN ANY OF THESE WAYS,
PLEASE REGISTER AS A "PRESENTER" AND
CONTACT RACHEL OSSYRA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AT THE EMAIL LISTED BELOW.
Rachel Ossyra, District Grants Chair
Chuck Corrigan, District Rotary Foundation Chair